Wednesday, September 6

The last flowers of summer...

Which is how I felt today as we put up new bird houses and picked some flowers to dry.

As you can probably tell I went for...embossing, watercolor and color (blue).
The base card is white linen card stock.
On a piece of watercolor paper I stamped the Stampendous hydrangea with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
I was playing with different water colors today so it is a mix of Koi  and Artist's Loft watercolors.
After trimming out the flower I had a strip of watercolor paper that I floated one of my blues on.
Once this was dry I glued it to the card front.
Then I glued the flower to the edge of the card.
The verse is from a TPC Studio set and I stamped it with Distress peeled paint ink.
To finish the card I used Nuvo drops in white for the accent.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful floral card with a lovely sentiment! I love the softness of your coloring!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, love your soft watercolouring. Sorry I'm so late visiting, thank you so much for joining us, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!